Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas I remember best...

Ok, so tonight is going to become one of my greatest memories. Here's the story:
I received an email from a friend about a family in need. Their house burned down and the children are in desperate need of clothing. I told Kira what a knew, that there is a 6 year old and 3 year old that don't have house anymore. That everything they had burned down in a fire. I asked her if she could maybe find a toy or two that she could give them for Christmas since they don't have anything. Sweet Kira went straight in to her room and started getting things together that she thought they would like. She didn't choose the toys she never plays with, or things that are ratty or broken, she picked her favorite and the best of her toys. She even gave away a couple of her new Christmas toys! By the time she was done going through her room she had grabbed a set of dishes, a unopened doll, a like new doll, her favorite teddy bear(like new), a set of like new hand puppets, a stack of books(including her all time favorite Cinderella book) and a entire trunk of dress ups, the dress ups consisting of her favorite wedding dress, her belle dress, barbie dress, black tutu, tinkerbell, a bunch of jewelry, a couple purses, some shoes and her trunk that she got for her birthday(which she LOVES!) I have to admit that when she got all her stuff together I was shocked at the generosity that she displayed. She not only gave her toys, but she truly gave the best that she has.
I am so honored that I get to be her mother. What a precious child that the Lord has entrusted to me. Little does she know that her sweet act has done more than share some of her toys, but it has touched my heart to the core. My sweet 4 year old Kira knows that it truly is more blessed to give than to receive. I can't ask for anything more.

2 comments:

  1. Charsty! Thank you soooo much for the donations you and sweet Kira are giving to my son's classmate! I couldn't believe the story when I heard it today at Joshua's class party. I can't imagine losing everything--household items, clothing, electronics, and newly-bought Christmas presents--all because a nextdoor neighbor fell asleep with a cigarette! I sent the email out this afternoon to my female students, their parents, and family members, church, and other friends who have daughters, and well--we have already been overwelmed by the kindness of others! We came home tonight to find 2 Target bags of gently used girls clothing, headbands, ribbons, and mittens! And we also had a delivery of some stuffed animals! I know this family will be pleased and surprised, and it makes it even more special when the gifts are given with gracious, charitable hearts. My Joshua gathered trucks, cars, and a few vacuum cleaners for his classmate, and even though I don't know how well these items will go over on the girl-end (I only have boys--I don't know about this girl thing), I was also pleased with his kind manner. Anyway, thanks for your generosity. I will let you know the reactions when I make the special delivery in a few days! YOU ROCK! (And so does Kira!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! We all have much to learn from her! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete