Monday, August 29, 2011

Mundane or Extraordinary?

Here is the scene in my house...(as of 30 minutes ago.)

Christmas music is playing. I am mopping the kitchen floor, Rora has the broom and is 'helping' me clean. Kira walks in and says, "After you are finished mopping will you please help me tie this cape on and then dance with me?"

That was it. Nothing extraordinary, maybe it was the fumes from the vinegar, but suddenly my life felt so perfect. Rora is learning to be a hard worker while having fun, sure, it meant I had to navigate around her, but the look of joy on her face is something I've never had while sweeping! Kira knows that I need to finish the task at hand, yet she also knows that I will help her and dance with her. She is willing to wait patiently for what she desires.

I feel fulfilled as a Mother. Right in this moment, I know that I am doing exactly what I want to do as a Mom. I am teaching them hard work and patience, yet at the same time we are having fun. I know there will be mothering moments that make me begging for help, or a break, anything, yet right now...in this moment, my life is great. I am happy and content and so are my kids.

Isn't being a Mom the best job in the world!?!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good mommy Char. Although, a crazy one for listening to Christmas music in August! hahaha

    ReplyDelete