Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Yesterday was a wonderful mothers day. It brought back so many memories. As I was enjoying Relief Society, I couldn't help but notice the young women in the room. It made me think about when I was in young womens and doing the same thing. I remember thinking that one day I would be counted among the ranks of motherhood and how exciting it would be to be counted as a treasured mother. That the Lord would bless me with some of his precious children.

Four years ago I was pregnant on mothers day. I was just beginning to understand the love of a mother and what that means. One year ago I had the best mothers day gift any mom could get. I found out I was pregnant with Aurora. Having already had Akira, I was able to grasp so much better the joy of being a mom and how my entire world would change again. This mothers day was perfect. I have two beautiful children. My mom is still here to thank, and my dear sweet Josh did everything he could to make the day special. I felt like a queen. Josh doted on me all day. I didn't clean, or change a diaper, all I did was enjoy myself. Even greater than all that was that the words used were no different than on any other day. I felt special, yet Josh makes me feel special every day. I always feel valued as a wife and mother. I can't ask for anything more. Thank you for a wonderful mothers day and for valuing my role everyday. I love my hunny!

I have had four wonderful Mothers Days and 3 1/2 years of being a mom. I can't even begin to express my gratitude for this. That I have been entrusted with two of the most precious of the Lord's children. I can't adequately thank my Heavenly Mother for this gift. I know how much I love my children, yet she who is perfect, trusts and loves me enough to share her children with me is far beyond my comprehension. How do you thank someone for that? Happy Mother's Day to my Heavenly Mother. Thank you for believing in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment