Monday, August 9, 2010

Innocence is Bliss!

So Kira has been so sweet since Mom passed. She is having a really hard time understanding the concept of death. She keeps playing with her babies and they 'die.' I told her that it probably wasn't the best way to play with her dolls and she looked at me and said, "Mom, its happy because they are with Jesus and soon they will come back to me and be ressssurrected." - yes, she extends the s when she says resurrected
She was telling Lizzy what happens in Sleeping Beauty and she said that sleeping beauty dies, but then Jesus and the prince come and then he kisses her and she is resssssurrected!
She also talks about Grandma a lot. Josh and I have been discussing when we will be in Utah next and Kira has said that she wants to go back to Grandmas house after Grandma is resurrected because she misses her a lot. She thinks it will be by Christmas.
I wish that her childhood doesn't have to be filled with loss and memories that will fade. I want her to have everything that a girl needs growing up. Especially her Grandma Madsen. I don't want her to be just a faded memory, pictures and stories told by me. Life isn't getting what we want, its being happy with what we have. Even if that means understanding death through playing with dolls.
There is my update on Akira. Sorry its such a sad one. She isn't acting sad, however her actions tend to make me sad for her loss. The baby is awake so I need to end this...

No comments:

Post a Comment