Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Update on our life...

So I realize that I haven't finished our Disney trip report, but life is crazy and I haven't had time. Anyways, I figure I better put an update out for the few of you who actually read this ;) Here goes:

Kira just turned 4. She had a princess and prince party. They were knighted and went on a quest to slay the dragon(pinata). She had a blast! Who says that you need to spend a fortune on a party in order for kids to have fun? Plus, instead of those annoying goody bags the kids got to take home a sword...much better in my opinion!

Rora loves playing peekaboo. She has a blast every time you look at her. She just hides her head by leaning down and then shoots it up with a huge grin. So sweet. She isn't saying any words yet, but she does mimic sounds and inflections so it sounds like words :)

Kira is obsessed with horses. She enjoyed a play date hosted by Merri and she spent the entire two hours on one of her horses. She looked like such a natural. I think when she turns 6(maybe 5) we will try to get her riding lessons. It's her first time enjoying anything outdoors and I think that, although expensive, horseback riding would be a great activity!



Rora now has enough hair to put in pigtails and curl. She is looking more and more like a toddler and less like a baby. Plus she acts more mature. Yes, she loves putting things in her mouth and has a fascination with the garbage, but she also understands sign language, is really good at rolling a ball and listens more often than not when you tell her no.


Kira is learning to read. She is getting better and better at sounding out words. I really haven't been working with her, except when we are reading. If I read a story and notice a short word that I think she could read then I have her read it. She does pretty well and it doesn't feel like I'm forcing her to read.

Josh is now working the morning shift. So he goes in to work at 5:40! It is so hard on him, but is so appreciated by me! I love that he is willing to work so hard to provide for us. Especially early in the morning!

As for me, I am just enjoying the time I have with my babies. Preschool is so fun, but who knew how much work it would be to prepare a 15 minute lesson!
There you go, a quick look at our life lately...yes, it could be deemed as a boring existence, but I disagree. We may be busy doing the same thing over and over, but with kids no matter how many times you do anything its a new experience and I love it!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! i wish Emmaleah would listen when I tell her no. Any suggestions? She has an obsession with chewing on her shoes and it drives me nuts because it ruins them! grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Rora doesn't always listen, but she does understand the word no. I just do a timeout if she doesn't listen. The biggest thing is to be consistent about it. If she gets into something she isn't allowed to(like the garbage...YUCK!) then I tell her no and sit her on her bottom holding her hands in front of her while counting to 20(I count pretty quickly) then I take her back to the garbage and tell her no again and shake her hand at it. After that I give her a hug and get her distracted with another toy.

    ReplyDelete