Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Precious Moments

With Kira, Lizzy and Anna in bed, its just been Rora and I for the last 30 minutes. I love the time I get to spend one on one with my children. There is something so profound in the simplicity of the moment and living it to the fullest. Even if we are only playing hand games with her babies.
After about 15 minutes of play, Rora brought me the book my Mom wrote about her life. She handed it to me and climbed in my lap. She the pointed to the picture on the cover and said, "Ama, ama." I read the book to her and she pointed out on every page the pictures of her Grandma, she kept going back to her baby picture and giggling. (It's a naked baby picture ;)
Rora didn't know that I was missing my Mom when I woke up, yet she could sense it. I firmly believe that she has a connection with her Grandma. It's more than them sharing the same name (Laurel), it's much deeper than that. As if Rora has that extra connection to help me get through these last 7 months and continue through the rest of my life.
Thanks to the Lord for giving me that extra something I did't think to ask for in my child. She is such a sweet girl!

3 comments:

  1. Heavenly Father does give us gifts like that. I have been surprised from time to time to realize that he has guided others to say to me just the thing that I needed to hear. I have no doubt that Rora and your mom are very close, and Rora is still little enough to close to the veil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's precious! I'm glad you have her! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete