Friday, September 24, 2010

Hollywood Studios

Day four started out rough. Rora had been having a hard time sleeping so I was only averaging around 5-6 hours of sleep each night of our trip so by our Hollywood Studios day I was exhausted. I don't do well on less than 8-9 hours of sleep each night and was surprised that I hadn't had a migraine that was bad enough to have me throwing up...anyways, we had an early morning reservation at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. This was the breakfast that Kira was most excited about since Mary Poppins would be there and she is Kira's favorite. Needless to say, we were to tired to get up and slept through our reservation.

We made it to Hollywood Studios around 11:30 and got there with perfect timing! Donald Duck and Daisy were just coming out. Kira's favorite of the 'traditional' characters is Daisy so to see her with Donald without having to wait in a HUGE line was such a nice start. After a nice chat with Daisy and Donald, I ran off to grab fastpasses for Toy Story Mania while Josh took the girls to see Minnie Mouse. Again, perfect timing as I returned just as they finished meeting her. Impeccable timing!


We really wanted to see 'all' Hollywood Studios had to offer as last year we didn't see or do very much. It was a mistake! We did see and do practically everything, but were exhausted by dinnertime(3:40).
We saw Indiana Jones: Definately a must do again!
Rode the great Movie Ride: again, a must do!
Watched Little Mermaid: Kira's 2nd favorite show of the day!
Rode the backlot tour: skip! Way hot and boring, plus the water that they 'recycle' for each tram is so dirty!!
Saw the Stunt Spectacular: It was ok, not my favorite but worth seeing.
Saw Muppets, 3D: cute!!
And grabbed a bite to eat at Pizza Planet: the pizza was surprisingly delicious, the 25 minute wait was atrocious!...and we went at 1 so after the main lunch crowd!

Anyways, we were beat and in need of a great meal! The food at 50's Prime Time Cafe was just ok. Not special at all. Plus I made the mistake of telling Kira that she could order whatever she wanted. She chose chicken nuggets which she normally doesn't eat(except Chick Fil A's) and these were miniature hockey pucks! She took one bite and wouldn't eat anything else. At least we got her a fruit cup for dessert that she ate later. The ambiance was really nice and the shakes were delicious! Plus our waitress came out and sang happy birthday to Kira which made her light up. We won't be back here again, but it's nice to say that we at least tried it.

After our slightly dissapointing meal we headed off to Toy Story Mania. It was one of the rides we missed last year and I had heard great things about it(thanks allears.net :D ) It did not dissapoint. Fantastic ride! Not worth waiting in line for 60-80 minutes(which is what the wait time was throughout the day), but it was fabulous with a fastpass!

Next we headed over to Beauty and the Beast. By far one of the cutest productions that Disney does and a must see for everyone! Kira's eyes were lit up like Christmas the entire show. Of course, it's even sweeter since Belle is her current 'favorite' princess.



By now Kira was in need of a break and was able to eat the fruit that was saved from her dinner. Josh went off to ride Tower of Terror while I sat on a bench with both girls. A sweet looking elder lady came and sat down next to me. Usually I love it when people come sit next to me and are chatty...but she was awful! All she did was complain about every little thing about the trip and I kept trying to find a way that I could politely escape! She really left a sour taste in my mouth and made me so grateful for what I have! I vowed to make the rest of our trip much better and everytime that I wanted to complain I thought of her and bit my tongue.
Soon Josh rescued me and I was able to ride Tower of Terror. It would have been ok, I am not one for freefalls, but I wanted to try it once. The worst part was that there was a small boy on the ride(about Kira's age) that cried and clung to both his Mom and I the entire ride. It made me so glad that Kira hadn't wanted to try it, even though she is now 'big enough.'
After that traumatic ride ;) I went off to ride Rockin' rollercoaster. It is now my FAVORITE coaster! So neat! And there was no time when it felt like my glasses were going to come off. Josh declined to ride it because it goes upside down and is in the dark...but he likes Tower of Terror!?!
I got off the ride and the fam was waiting for me! We had one final show to watch before heading back to our hotel to bed, Fantastmic. It is such a great production. Unfortunately we weren't expecting it to be quite as crowded(last year we walked in minutes before the show started and had perfect seats at the back of the stadium...this year, it was standing room only and was packed!


The show was great! We snuck out as the fireworks were starting and beelined for the buses. We got there just as a bus pulled in and were able to have seats for the way back to the hotel. They were a much needed break from standing! Plus there were a couple of nice families that we were able to visit with while we waited for the bus to be filled up like sardines :D
All in all it was a good day. We tried to do to much and ended up a bit grumpy by mealtime, yet we were able to salvage the night and enjoy each others company. If I were to do it over I would have skipped some things all together and possibly taken two days at Hollywood Studios. Especially since we missed a great place for pictures. We didn't have time to play in the Honey I shrunk the...playground. There is always next trip ;) And Aurora will be walking by then...

No comments:

Post a Comment