Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm really, really mourning the loss of my car ;)



Last Saturday the alternator on my car died. On Monday Josh stayed home from work to replace it. After getting the alternator disconnected, he realized that last February when he removed the engine to replace the clutch, that putting the engine back on it had shifted. In order to remove the old alternator he would need to take off the wheel well...needless to say, he gave up on my car :)
The first thing I felt was anxiety. I didn't want to go car shopping...it frightens me. How am I supposed to know if a car is good? Or a good value? I know diddly squat about cars. Josh came to my rescue. Monday afternoon he went van shopping and found three that he thought I would like that were in our price point. I went and test drove them Monday night and found the van I was in love with. An '05 Chrysler Town and Country...FULLY LOADED!
Tuesday I had a meeting so I knew we wouldn't be able to get it until Wednesday. Once again Josh surprised me by taking a long lunch on Tuesday and going to pick it up. I was so shocked and excited! I love my hubby!!!!
Every time we go anywhere, Kira says that we are riding on the bus. Plus it has the automatic doors so she can open and close the door herself, which is is enthralled by.
I LOVE it and can't wait until we go to Disney, in 4 DAYS, so we can really try out the DVD player, the wireless headsets, the stow and go, etc, etc, etc.
Can you tell I love my van? The only downside is that I am not a big fan of the color...but as my Mom always told me, its the inside that counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment