Saturday, November 6, 2010

Woman - Man = EXHAUSTION!!!

Last week, the week before Halloween, Josh was gone to Rochester NY for the week for work. I have to admit, when he left I was kind of excited that I would have a week where I didn't need to worry about making a nice dinner or being done with the housework before he got home so we could enjoy family time. I had high hopes of getting the floors cleaned, the office closet cleaned out and the garage swept up and decluttered...HAHAHA!!!
Josh left Sunday morning at 6am! So I was already sleep deprived just waking up to get him to the airport. We came home and since neither girl was ready to go back to bed I sent them off to play in Kira's room and started cleaning the kitchen. By the time lunch rolled around I was feeling so great! I had cleaned the house, made bread and had both girls ready for church.(Ours starts at 1:30.) Even church went fairly smoothly. I sat next to a family with older girls who could occupy Kira when I needed to nurse Aurora, I made it through primary with my sanity intact and we got home with that wonderfully cleansing Sunday Spirit in our hearts. Sunday night I made homemade macaroni and broccoli for dinner...note the absence of any meat product...anyways :) We spent the evening reading stories, playing and just enjoying being with each other. Kira even got to sleep in Mommy's bed!
Then Monday morning dawned. Life was great. I was going to start in on the office and get that done before the end of the day. Of course, life had other plans. I reached down and threw out my neck at 8:30am! So my morning was spent icing and heating my neck along with watching my girls plus Lizzy and Anna since it was Monday and I watch them all day on Mondays. By the end of the day I was so exhausted and ready for Josh to come home!
Thankfully Tuesday is preschool day. I sent Kira to preschool and immediately went to the chiropractor. I had been in need of a new one for awhile and thanks to Jenny Horrocks I found a great one. Since I needed to be seen that day and had to bring Aurora, I assumed that it would be a rushed visit to get the baby out of the office. Boy was I wrong! I was there for over 90 minutes! The nurses passed Rora around and kept her happy. I walked out the there feeling soo much better! I could finally turn my head again! The rest of Tuesday was spent trying to clean up the backlogged chores from Monday.
Wednesday was a flurry of preschool(I stay with Kira at Wed. school) and childcare. Finally by Wednesday evening I was able to tackly the office. Wow! What a project! It took til Friday morning before I was able to call it finished! Of course by then I was exhausted physically, mentally and emotionally. I knew that I relied on Josh a lot, but I didn't realise how much of that was emotional. On Wednesday Josh started throwing up so we didn't even talk on the phone. When I picked him up Friday night he was still sick. Saturday was spent alone as well since he had to work and then came home and crashed(still sick.) It was our wards trunk or treat so I took the girls by myself.
Needless to say, I am so greatful that I have a husband who takes care of me. He keeps me sane and helps me tackle everything. The hardest part of having him away was that Rora started really walking while he was gone and he missed it. He came home and kept saying how much she had changed in those 6 days. I am greatful that he works hard for us and makes sacrifices so that I can stay at home with my children. I love him and am so greatful that he is back home and well!! Life with my hubby is so much better than without him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment