Sunday, March 6, 2011

"The Best Day EVER!"

**I had every intention of posting this Saturday the 5th...but life got away from me and I haven't had time 'til now.**
*****I've spent an hour waiting for the dang pictures to post...I guess if you want to see pictures, you'll have to look on facebook. I give up!*****
Yesterday there was a special day done by the Paul Mitchell school called 'princess day.' For $10 they gave little princess' manicures, pedicures, facials and did their makeup. (They also did hair but it wasn't advertised so I did her's before we came...next time :)
Friday night just before bed I told Kira that she would get a surprise the next morning. She went to bed practically bouncing. Of course, Saturday morning she was up at the crack of dawn and giddy with anticipation for her surprise. When I told her what was to come she was excited and a bit nervous.
By the time we pulled into the school she was bubbly again. She started by getting a facial complete with cucumbers. It was so funny to see her try to keep them on her eyes. Her next stop was makeup. They let her pick the colors and she chose a light blue on her eyes and of course, pink for her lips.
She then got her nails done. They had a bunch of bold and frankly, rather ugly colors. I thought for sure she would choose a gaudy hot pink, yet she chose a pretty light pink. She then went to a different station to get her pedicure. They had a whole different array of colors there from black to blue and bold purple. She was asked what color she wanted on her toes and asked for the same pink. After a few moments spent tracking down the light pink Kira had matching toes! Of course I noticed all the girls nails as I was watching Kira. It might just be me, but I prefer matching nails and feminine colors. It's so great to see that she is developing her taste and instead of going with what everyone was doing, her picks were age aproppriate and beautiful. As we were getting into the car she told me that this was, "The best day ever!"
I have to say, I never thought that I would enjoy doing the 'girly' stuff with my daughters, but ya know, it is kind of fun to see life through the eyes of a girly girl. :) Isn't being a Mom the best!?!

1 comment:

  1. I love little children so much. They are so excited about life, and all of their emotions are genuine. I love reading about your experiences-- to see how much you love motherhood and how happy it makes you. You really see your girls as gifts from Heavenly Father, and you care for them as he would. It's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete