Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools Day

Yesterday was April Fool's. Unusally I don't do much of the tricking, yet with Kira being at the prime age to 'understand' it all, we did a few fun pranks.
We started off the morning with eggs for breakfast. Kira loves eggs and I HATE to make them, so when I told her she could have an egg, she was so excited! When I gave her her egg(vanilla yogurt with a peach in the middle. Bran on top for pepper) she looked at me with the funniest expression and told me that she didn't want her egg scrambled. I laughed and told her it wasn't scrambled. She said oh, and then looked at it some more. She then told me I was tricking her. I laughed and explained what April Fool's day is. She then thought it was a riot!


I taught preschool at my house yesterday so I was able to trick the kids and then in turn help them trick their parents. I gave them koolaid (with salt) and got the funniest expressions. They then helped me make cookies(salt for sugar) for their parents. They were so excited to tell them April Fool's and throughout the day kept asking me to remind them what to say. I sure hope they were able to pull it off when they got home!

Kira and I then took the rest of the cookies to Daddy's work for him to pass out. The perfect thing is that I send cookies all the time so no one thought anything of it...until they tasted them. ;)

It was a great day and so much fun! Kira and Daddy tried to trick me when I got back from the gym, but seriously....saran wrap on the toilet, in the middle of the day!?! Better luck next year!

I love seeing Kira have a great time and it was such a fun day!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun egg idea. I'm impressed you're brave enough for pranks. I love the little girls face with her salty koolaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! Kira is just so smart, too.

    ReplyDelete