Friday, March 4, 2011

Then...to NOW!

I know im not very old yet, yet I find myself reflecting on the past. Through facebook I am able to stay connected and 'know' a bit about the people that were in my life when I was in elementary, middle and high school. I think about the person I was back then and I am apalled at who I was. That one bad choice spiraled into no good choices. Both for myself and the people around me. I have made ammends with *hopefully* all the people that I hurt back then and if I haven't told you, im sorry.
With that said, I look at where I am now. Im 23 years old, I have a wonderful man by my side who cares for me in a way I don't deserve. I have two beautiful children who are so free with their love it amazes me. I have a house, no, a home. I have enough of the material things to satisfy me and so many spirtual blessings that I don't know how I can be so deserving. I have a life. A wonderful, fabulous life!
Through the power of my Savior, Jesus Christ, I have been transformed from the angry, hateful, self satisfying person I used to be to a Christ-centered, happy, healthy Daughter of God. All through the power of the Atonement. Isn't it amazing!?!
Wow. When I sat down to write this blog I was leaning more towards writing about a desire to be closer to those that used to be in my life. At one point there was one person who was the only 'molly Mormon' I really admired and looked up to and now she is getting married and somehow, I don't even know who she is. How sad is that?
Yet even without the people that 'used' to be in my life, I have amazing people in my life now. I have a love for those that I am near. I am trying to see everyone as Christ sees them and even though I don't always reach that, I try and get better day by day. And all this through the love that my Father in Heaven has shown to me. I can hardly wait to see what the next ten years will bring!

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. It is amazing to see how far we come. I sure enjoyed reading this. Made me smile and reflect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a book called The Brown Box to my boys tonight and thought of you. I've been wondering how you've been. I'm glad that you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. I have those thoughts sometimes, too. I'm SO GLAD that the atonement allows us to change and grow. I realize more and more how powerful the Lord's love for us really is. It's an actual force in the world, and it can change all of us. That is, if we will allow it do to so. Thanks for this post. I'm glad that you and I have both grown up and transformed in our individual ways. :)

    ReplyDelete