Saturday, March 2, 2013

Our Week

This week I want to just write a few highlights so 20 years from now I can remember what what happened on a typical day.

Sunday:
Rora woke up at 4am...she had an accident.  This is VERY unusual for her.  Thankfully Josh got her taken care of since I was nursing the baby.
Church was great, if a bit hectic.  We combined two nurseries so there were 8 children and 5 leaders.
On our way home from church my headache started to turn into a migraine.  Josh was so wonderful and got the kids lunch and down for naps so I could lay down and sleep.  It was wonderful and much needed!
Josh's parents and Thomas came over.  We had lasagna for dinner, it was delish, on half I used eggplant instead of noodles since the gluten upsets my arthritis.  We then played a couple games and visited. 

Monday:
Woke up bright and early and headed out to music makers.  I didn't get a picture, but Rora's hair was so adorable!  Side bun...And she worked it perfectly!  To cute!
Kira had piano lessons and did well.  She just started playing multiple notes at a time and both hands.  She is gaining confidence in the piano as she understands it more. 
After nap Rora threw a 30 minute fit because I wouldn't give her a treasure box treat...until she said please...really child, really!?!
We didn't get school finished before dance so Kira took her reading with us and we finished up while Rora had her class.  Rora is dancing to Baby Love in the recital, she is soo cute!!
Elegant Chicken for dinner.  I gorged myself on the broccoli and chicken.  Delish!
Girls were in bed before 8!  They wanted to listen to Scripture Scouts before bed...it sure makes them hustle!
Ella now smacks her lips all the time!  It's so stinkin cute.  She'll be nursing and stop to smack her lips before resuming eating. :)

Tuesday:
Went to story time at the library, all about Dr. Seuss, Rora is so excited to go back on Saturday with Daddy for a birthday party for Dr. Seuss!
Kira got all her school done before 1!  YAY!
I got my closet cleaned out.  It looks great, of course the rest of my house suffered, but tomorrow is another day and the mess will still be there. 
While cleaning out my closet my visiting teachers stopped by. Oops!  I completely forgot and felt awful!  It was great to have a chance to visit with them, they are amazing ladies!  Of course, I still feel awful that my house was messy and I forgot they were coming.
During a skype chat with friends Ella crawled the length of the floor twice!  She is very fickle and usually won't move if she knows someone is there who can pick her up or bring her x,y, or z.
Kira had ballet class.  She looks so pretty when she dances.  Ballet suits her, I just hope she chooses to stick with ballet.  Ballet just suits her personality perfectly. 
On our way home we had to make a quick stop at the grocery store for sour cream and a donut for each girl...why oh why can't I stick to one shopping trip per week!?!
While I made dinner the girls played in my newly cleaned closet.  A flashlight and a cd were their only toys.  Kira came out and told me they were making rainbows by refracting light.  She is such a smart girl!  Although I have to give credit for that one to Liberty Treehouse, even though *might* watch it once a week both girls seem to enjoy it and clearly some of it is sticking. :)
Tacos for dinner, of course while making them I found out that we are out of canned beans...*shaking my head* ugh!  So there were no beans in our dinner.  :(
Big girls took a bath before bed and enjoyed their treat. 

Wednesday:
I SLEPT IN until 10:30!!  Thank you Josh! 
Kira felt the start of a cold coming on so we skipped homeschool PE and just layed low. 
For about 10 minutes my entire house was clean!  I know, it shouldn't be, but it's a big deal. :)
Since we were taking it easy we did french toast for dinner. 
Early bed followed for both girls since Rora didn't nap and Kira was getting sick. 
If only Ella would go to sleep early life would be perfect!
Ella loves the bath!


Thursday:
We met the owners of the home we are renting.  I was nervous.  I thought it would be them going through each room checking that we are maintaining the house properly, instead they were here for less than 10 minutes and didn't even walk into the hallway.  They were very kind and down to earth, wanting to know if there was anything we needed/wanted their help with. 
Just after they left Rora's friends arrived for preschool.  Today they learned the 'T' sound.  I am trying something new with Rora.  Instead of teaching a letter per week, we are doing the sound of the week, basing the order off the book Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.  I am only focusing on the sounds rather than creating words since she is only 3 1/4 but Rora seems to be retaining the sounds and what they look like.  So far we have done "m,s,a,E,v(jumped ahead since it was valentines day) and t."  For T the kiddos made tortilla's and artwork out of triangles.
Afterward preschool the girls and I headed into town to do some shopping. Since shopping is such hard work ;)  we went to Chipotle and brought home dinner.  Yum!
After dinner I altered Kira's dance costume for Disneyland.  It was so nerve wracking!  I should have taken a before picture, but I didn't. :(  Let's just say the hem line is supposed to be above the rear and instead it sagged below.  Thanks to the advice from my neighbor Staci I was able to do it.  I'm so glad it's done!!
Making tortilla's at preschool





Friday:
We had an all day field trip to the Estrella Wars.  It was amazing!  Josh was able to take a half day off work (he works 2-11) so he didn't have to work until 7 and was able to come with us.  We came home hot, sweaty and I had my first sunburn of 2013...I forgot to put sunscreen on the back of my neck.      :( Oh well, it was still a great day!  I did a post on the Estrella Wars, so I'll leave you with just one picture, this is what happens when you take a day of fun and leave off a nap!  She exacerbates me, but I love her to death!  Aurora quote for the day, "this granola really, really stinks when I poop it out my bum!"  HAHA!  I know, tmi, but that's my Rora!


Saturday:
Wow!  The week is over.  It's amazing how fast time flies.  Today was a good day, nice and mello without much going on.  Kira had her dress rehearsal for dance.  While there I learned how to rhinestone clothing...it isn't very exciting, but the Disney shirts turned out super cute!  (No pic, sorry, not all the shirts were ready so we couldn't take them home yet...I'll post pics after our trip.:) 
While Kira and I were at dance Rora and Daddy went to the library.  They had a special party honoring Dr. Seuss.  They played games, did a couple of crafts and came home with a goody bag.  Rora had a blast and gushed over how fun it was! 
After our activities we just hung out at home, girls played barbies, Josh did finances, I cleaned up and took care of Ella...she is teething and super grumpy right now. :(
For dinner we had stroganoff.  Yum!  It's amazing how much your taste buds can change just by forcing yourself to eat something over and over again. I used to hate mushrooms but now I really like the earthy flavor.  I kept cooking with them since Josh loves them and thankfully, now do I. 
After dinner we watched a movie and I prepared my lesson/singing time eggs for nursery. 
Rora wanted her hair like Dr. Seuss...
Of course we went with a who theme :)
That's it, a typical week.  Tomorrow we get to start all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment