Thursday, March 7, 2013

Moments

Just before bed as we were going over our day both girls shared their favorite part of the day with me. 
Rora, "Playing hopscotch with my preschool friends."
Kira, "When you slooged (yep, slooged) the orange juice!" *I made fresh squeezed orange juice tonight to go with tomorrow's breakfast...slooged is her word.

One of my favorite (recurring) memories from my childhood is being read to by my Mom.  She had an amazing way of bringing the stories to life.  Kira has inherited her inflection and I love it.  She is starting to add voices, sound excited, scared, mad, etc.  It's so fun to see! 

Tonight as I was reading to the girls I noticed that I too have the ability to bring the story to life.  As my girls were giggling, startled and feeling sorry for The Cat in the Hat it was that perfect moment from my childhood -passed down to my girls.  I know it sounds cheesy, but it was one of those Mommy moments that I want to sear onto my mind to fall back on when they are teenagers and screaming at me...(not that they will be ANYTHING like I was! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment