Saturday, April 3, 2010

Memories
















The older Akira gets, the more we are able to do the things that I did as a child. I love it. We pulled out the barbies today for Conference and Kira was so great playing during all 4 hours. I have such fond memories of getting out the barbies and setting them up all over the livingroom during Conference. Then after conference we made Grandma Madsen's rolls. A Conference tradition from my childhood. Kira enjoyed cutting the rolls and dabbing them with butter.












One memory that I have repeated over and over was getting curlers in my hair on Saturday nights while watching either Lawrence Welk or Shirley Temple. Tonight we repeated that. Kira watched Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and I put her hair in rags. It was so much fun. When her hair was done she was so excited to go look in the mirror and see her hair. Telling her that I had my hair done that way made it even more exciting for her.




I hope both my girls grow up remembering all little things that we do fondly. My own memories are so rich from the holiday traditions to the day to day things. Baking bread, reading stories, playing with my brothers GI Joes, my childhood was great. I hope my girls end up with half as many wonderful memories as I have.







1 comment:

  1. Oh Char! You are such a good mom! I hope I am at least half the mom you are! Sometimes I feel like I get so caught up in everyday things that need to get done, like cooking, cleaning, finding killer grocery deals, and running errands that I forget what is really important. Sometimes at night when I laying awake trying to sleep, I remember how I spent all day doing things like that instead of playing with Emmaleah. Reading your posts remind me that I need to reset my priorities and not care if the house is a mess, or if dinner is a little late or if I miss free items at the store.
    Thanks for being such an awesome influence! And I am going to do what you do for easter and not talk about the bunny, but rather talk about how things come to life during spring. That is such a good idea. I never liked that bunny anyway!

    ReplyDelete