Friday, April 30, 2010

Time flies











Yesterday Rora hit another milestone. 4 months old. It seems crazy to me that she is already 1/3 of the way through her first year of life. Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was crying over the negative pregnancy test and praying for another baby. Yet here she is, 4 months old.
She is such an amazing human. In 4 months she has gone from a newborn who was learning how to nurse, to an amazing baby who can smile, laugh, roll-over(both ways), communicate - whether they be sounds of contentment, joy, frustration, fear, anger, etc. She is making them and its amazing to witness. Her newest way to make my heart melt is to reach for me. She hasn't reached for anyone else yet and I love that its special between us.
She loves to snuggle down and 'burrow' while she sleeps. Its so sweet to feel her face press as close to me as she can possibly get and then see her try to snuggle just a little closer. She enjoys it so much that we can't nurse using a nursing pillow because she will try to burrow into the pillow and my stomach while nursing...OUCH!!!
She loves music. Whether its me singing to her, singing and dancing with Kira, or just listening to the radio, she loves it. Her favorite song is wadda-lee-atcha(sp?). She tries to move her hands along with me and loves the movements. She also loves 'Hail to the Princess Aurora,' which Kira sings all the time. She laughs at me when I sing 'The Creation of Man' from the Scarlet Pimpernel. She loves the expressions I make while singing it.
She loves Akira. Things that Kira does to her that would drive me nuts, make her smile. It doesn't bother her that Kira's hair is in her face, or she is practically laying on her. She just loves that Kira will play with her. She feels her love. She is such a great big sister. She hasn't been jealous, or needed extra attention, in fact she has gone the other way and is even more helpful. When Rora has a wet diaper, Kira races to put it in the pail. She loves to pick out Rora's clothes and has even made me paint her nails!
4 months have gone by in a flash. Yet in that flash of time there are so many precious memories that I will cherish for the next 40+ years. Being a mom holds the greatest joys in the universe. Its hard to describe the joy you get from the first smile, the first laugh, the first time they roll over, the first time they reach for you, etc. The laughter you get when they pee on Daddy, or have their first diaper blowout, or when she has a clean diaper and Kira plays with her legs singing, "no more poopsies on your bum!" I am sad that these 4 months have flown by, yet I can't wait to see what she will do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment