Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was busy, busy, busy! Thankfully the house was ready for Christmas before Josh got off work. He got off 2 hours early, which was a wonderful blessing because we were trying to figure out how to do all our Christmas Eve fun before bed...and wake up for church bright and early!
Before Daddy got home both girls decided that they wanted their hair in sponge rollers for Christmas. They made for some cute pictures!
The girls loved their new nightgowns and that their dolls got matching gowns!
After reading the Christmas Orange we settled down to listen to Josh read the Christmas story.

I just love this picture of Kira looking at the tree while Daddy reads the Christmas story.

Then it was time for thank you notes and milk and cookies for santa then off to bed where sugar plum fairies danced in each girl's head.






It wasn't too long before I was joining them. Both girls slept wonderfully through the night and I didn't. For the first time the baby was up ALL NIGHT doing flips in my tummy. I guess he (or she) were just too excited for Christmas dinner to sleep. It sure made me feel like a little girl again unable to sleep on Christmas Eve!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the curls in their hair! Soooo cute!!! a little Shirley Temple(ish) :)
    but I have to ask, WHAT is on their heads to go to sleep? I understand the concept, keeping the curlers in place for the night while they sleep, but are those panties?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are CLEAN panties. My Mom always used them to keep our rollers in place and when Kira started asking for her hair to be done up I tried using pinned handkerchiefs, beanies, etc. to keep them in and either they were uncomfortable, hot or just didn't work so we went back to the panties. :)

    ReplyDelete