Saturday, December 10, 2011

Being a Mom is tough...

Tonight is one of those nights where being a Mom is hard. I can handle fighting, potty training, tantrums, fits, etc...most of the time. There are times that I can't handle those things. Like 2 days ago. I was so sick of the girls touching the Christmas tree and almost knocking it over by falling into it that I snapped. I told Kira that next time she touched the tree she was going to bed. I know they were touching it last night, but I wasn't in the room and didn't see so I let it go. Tonight Kira walked past and pulled an ornament off, intending im sure, to place it somewhere else. So she went to bed. I hate that I let my frustration issue a huge punishment and I hate that I had to follow through with it. But as I sit here wondering if I did the right thing by putting her to bed, I am still torn. Do I follow through? Or am I lenient? Most of all I just wish that I hadn't let anger guide my parenting the other day. Tomorrow I want to be a better Mom...

1 comment:

  1. I think you did great. You can always apologize in the morning for doing a tough punishment, but following through was definitely the way to go. I've had moments, too, where my anger made me punish harder than I normally would have. When I was young I could walk all over my parents because I could always talk my way out of punishments, but you lose a lot of respect for whose the authority that way. You did great, though.

    ReplyDelete