Saturday, September 1, 2012

Watermelon + Shapes = FUN!


   I am always looking for creative fun ways to teach.  Today I had a great idea that I thought I'd share.  Rora is at the age and desire (key) to start more school centered activities.  We have been working on shapes the last couple of weeks (not very hard mind you since she is only 2 1/2.)
So I had the girls cut up watermelon into the different shapes.  We cut out squares, rectangles, triangles and circles.  Both girls had a lot of fun and since my counter was already messy with watermelon juice there wasn't much extra mess. 






  Showing me her square.
 So beautiful
 Triangle!
 Getting a lesson in knife safety from Kira.
 Ella chose to do her learning through osmosis.
 She gripped the toy bar her entire nap.  I love sweet baby hands!
 Rora's favorite part of this lesson was eating the watermelon!
Circles are hard to cut out of watermelon.  Way to go Kira!


No comments:

Post a Comment