Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!

   Today for Kira's reading comprehension the book was Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Her reading focuses on thinking more deeply and understanding why you know what you know about books (ie, Alexander is never mentioned by name but we know the book is about him.)  Of course this book and conversation had to fall on a horrible week.  I haven't been sleeping since Ella has been sick (first a cold and then shots), Rora is in full 'cry' mode every 10 seconds and baby blues have hit hard. 
   One of the questions posed to Kira was why would Alexander want to move to Australia.  She said, "He just needed a break from life.  Just like you (me) needed a break the other night so you went for a walk, he needed to step away."
   As we read the book we can see why his day is bad, but we can also see what he does and doesn't do that worsens the day.   I love that the last 2 sentences of the story say, "Mom says some days are like that. Even in Australia."   How I love that I have a Father in Heaven that I can turn to to unload my problems at the end of the day and that this 'stage' is only a short blip on my journey through this world and eternity. 
Thanks for giving me a glimpse into my path through a simple story.  It really is humbling how such a simple thing can make all the difference.  I can't go past this stage with Rora any faster, or get more sleep at night, but I can focus more on the big picture and remember that yes, some days (or weeks, or even months) are like that.  Even in Australia.

Proverbs 3: 5-6
 Trust‍ in the Lord‍ with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
 In all thy ways acknowledge‍ him, and he shall direct thy paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment