Friday, October 5, 2012

I can't believe that my baby girl is 6.  Where did the time go?  It seems only yesterday I was figuring out that I would rather hold her while she sleeps than have her cry it out.  Only yesterday while I held her tiny hand and cried with her as she lay under the bili lights.  Only yesterday when she said 'Mama' for the first time, when she smiled a milk smile.  When she buried her head in my chest and held my hair to go to sleep.  Ah, I love my girl so much!  Happy Birthday Kira!!

How old are you? 6


What is your favorite color? Pink
Last year: pink and purple

What is your favorite animal? A pony
Last year: A pony and a horsey
What is your favorite food? macaroni and cheese
Last year: chicken noodle soup and cereal and milk


What do you want to be when you grow up? A horse rider
Last year:  A ballerina and ballerina teacher.
This one really surprised me.  I thought for sure she would pick Ballerina again with how much dance is currently consuming her life...

What is your favorite book? A little Dinosaur
Last year: The Nutcracker
What is your favorite song? I love to see the Temple
I LOVE that this one didn't change.

What is your favorite TV show? Angelina Ballerina
Not surprising, this one didn't change either...I told you dance was all consuming...
What is your biggest accomplishment? I'm getting good at my Nutcracker dance.
Yep, dance again. ;)
Last year: Vacuuming my room and the living room - I'm kind of sad that her current accomplishment doesn't help with the housework!


What is your favorite season? Christmas.  (me: that isn't a season) Winter. Why? because it snows and I like snow. Last year: Winter. Why? because it's cold and it feels like it's going to snow. And Christmas.

Sadly, we now live in Arizona so there is much, much less chance of snow than in Alabama...did I mention that its October and at 6:30 (just past dusk) today it was 97 outside...will it ever get cool!?!
Where would you like to go for a vacation? Camping again.
Last year: Disney World
I'm good with both her vacation ideas. 
What is your favorite activity? paint.  I'm really surprised at this one.  She doesn't ask to paint very often.
Last year: Dance class
What is your favorite place to go for dinner? Chipotle.  Because they have those yummy chips and yummy beans.
Last year: Red Lobster
I love Chipotle too!  Great choice Kira!
Who is your best friend? Brooklyn
Last year: Eli
It saddens me that she didn't pick Eli.  They have been best friends for so long, but alas, we don't live near them and while she looks at his picture at least twice a week, (yes, she still LOVES her photo album!), they don't get to play together anymore.  I am glad that she has a couple good friends here.


Kira just started piano lessons, she is reading Pioneer Sisters, a Little House on the Prairie early chapter book, she loves being the big sister and will gladly take Ella and play with her or just bounce her when she fusses.  She dances everywhere.  Her laughter lights up my life.  Her live is infectious.  She has changed me more ways than I can count.  I am so blessed to be her Mother.  Happy Birthday to my Princess.  I love you!!


*This picture was taken a couple weeks ago, this is pretty much what everyday looks like around here.  Love my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment