Thursday, April 4, 2013

Botanical Gardens

We went to the Botanical gardens last week, two weeks ago...time is mushing together, I think it has to be the fact that Ella still nurses at night...a lot!

Anyways, our membership to the gardens in Alabama expired at the end of March so we FINALLY went to the gardens.  Overall I was glad that I hadn't made the hour trip earlier.  It was extremely disappointing.  I think mostly because Huntsville's (HSV) Botanical Gardens are so awesome!  In HSV the gardens have a kids section, many water rocks/features, trains, tree houses throughout the gardens and many, many more 'kid friendly' activities.  We could (and did) spend all day there and barely get through one section of the garden.
Here, the gardens were much larger but they had almost nothing for kids to do/see.  Even I was bored.  Sorry, but the four different desert types isn't very interesting and the cactus's looked pretty similar in each...

We did have fun and I'm glad we went, if only to check it off our list. 
*On a random side note, I got fried on my upper arms (missed a section with the sunscreen.)  I was told to try lavender oil and by morning the lobster colored burn was gone!  I still find it amazing! 

Proof that even the desert holds some beauty

This cactus was beautiful!

Grinding beans - the ONLY kid friendly activity
*we spent 45 minutes here :)




I want this sundial in my backyard! 
It was really fun for Kira to figure out what time it was. 
My girl is super smart and after a little explanation of why and how it works could read them :)





 
The butterfly tent was fun, except that they were hard core not wanting you to try to let them land on you.
Very grumpy about it...made me miss AL and all our fun trips to the gardens there!

No comments:

Post a Comment