Sunday, January 1, 2012

A look back at 2011

In January IT SNOWED!! We had over a week of fun snow play!




To be honest, I don't remember to much about February, but I was rereading my blog and thought that this blurb summed up my feelings for the month.

Rora brought me the book my Mom wrote about her life. She handed it to me and climbed in my lap. She the pointed to the picture on the cover and said, "Ama, ama." I read the book to her and she pointed out on every page the pictures of her Grandma, she kept going back to her baby picture and giggling. (It's a naked baby picture ;)
Rora didn't know that I was missing my Mom when I woke up, yet she could sense it. I firmly believe that she has a connection with her Grandma. It's more than them sharing the same name (Laurel), it's much deeper than that. As if Rora has that extra connection to help me get through these last 7 months and continue through the rest of my life.




With March came springtime! Playing outside, parties with friends and lots of trips to the gardens! Ok, maybe Kira also got some eskimos from Eli :)





Along with more time outside, April brought egg hunts and celebrating the ressurection of our Saviour, we also took a quick trip to Atlanta to attend the temple open house. We also fit in a trip to the aquarium.




Oh the marvelous month of May! May brings strawberry season which is soo close to heaven! This year was one of the better years for strawberries. YUM! Kira also graduated from preschool.




In June Ashleigh came to visit! We had a blast and even took a mini vacation. We visited Chickamauga, went to Lake Winnepesaukah amusement park, the zoo and enjoyed having her here. I sure hope we can make her visit an annual trip!





July was the hardest month of the year for me. I had a miscarriage. It still is painful to think that I should be 2 months away from giving birth and instead i'm not. I pushed through and it was still a fun month. Kira had swimming lessons, we went blueberry picking, swimming with friends and headed out to Utah to attend Shontel & Amorim's wedding.




August found us still in Utah to attend Wade & Rochelle's wedding. August also had a major first for me. I drove home alone with both girls! I still find it amazing that in over 27 hours on the road less than 3 of those were spent with someone upset, frustrated or crying (Mom included!) A feat that wouldn't be possible if my girls weren't such amazing travelers!
Of course, I was busy driving so the only pictures I have of my accomplishment are a couple taken with the camera on my phone.




September brought a trip to Disney World! Our trip was even more memorable because Josh and the girls found out a secret...We are having a baby!





In October I was pretty much down for the count. Thankfully we have amazing friends who took the girls on days where I needed help. Kira was amazing and really took on the role of 'mini mom.' I learned how lucky and blessed I was to have her first. When I was pregnant with Rora (and this one) she was always right there getting me water, rubbing my back and trying to make me feel better. Whenever I get sick Rora runs away and cries. It's so heartbreaking. Amidst all the yuckyness, Kira turned 5! Thankfully I summoned enough energy to have a few of her closest friends over to help her celebrate.




Daddy took the girls camping in November. They had a blast and can't wait for spring when we can all go camping!





In December I started to feel better. WOOHOO! Our days were jam packed with angel tree, Christmas and Rora turned 2!
*We still haven't celebrated Rora's birthday since it's been so crazy. Plus, until she cares, I figure we can wait until the middle of January every year for life to settle down.




All in all 2011 was a great year. There was heartache, but that comes with our experience on this earth. There was also immense Joy. I know 2012 will bring some of the same. I just hope that they joy outweighs the heartache by leaps and bounds! Bring on the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment