Monday, April 16, 2012

36 week appt.

I'm feeling very blessed right now. This pregnancy has been a whirlwind of emotions. Many have been wonderful, and just as many have been full of fear, sadness and heartache. I have been going to the Dr for non-stress testing on top of my regular appointments for the past week. Today was my 3rd NST and I can't say that I like going to them. The chair is excruciating to sit in (as most chairs all...yes, I'm still cursing the drunk driver who hit us 2 years ago...) the bands around my waist were uncomfortable and there were many things I could have been doing instead of sitting there. BUT, my baby is healthy! She has passed the last two NST's and everything is looking great. It is so nice to have that peace of mind and know that she is still thriving inside me.
I am so grateful that I live in a time where I can have peace of mind about my child's well being. I know that she is ok because I have been able to hear her heartbeat and even see her on the ultrasound. What a miracle! With how this pregnancy has gone I can't imagine having been pregnant 100 years ago when the medical field had so little knowledge. What a blessing it is to live now!

I now weigh 144, so I've gained 11lbs this pregnancy. I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday and can't wait for one more week when I am past the point of major worry. Ella weighs 5lbs 4oz, she gained 1lb exactly in the 12 days since my last ultrasound. She hates the NST machine because the wraps are so tight on my belly. She kicks and kicks at them trying to get away. It would be funny if it wasn't so uncomfortable! I had over 10 braxton hicks during the test that I didn't feel, as opposed to the ones I do feel, it's nice that my body is practicing for labor and it isn't painful! That's about all I have to say about today's appointment. I am feeling very, very blessed to have the Dr I have and the access to medical miracles. Have a great night!

Oh, and sorry I look so awful in this picture. I figured it had been a while since I put on a pregnant picture so I had Josh snap one just before I sat down to write this. I think the skirt makes my belly look larger than it is, so next time I'll have to try for a more accurate picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment