Thursday, May 17, 2012

2 weeks old already!

Today Ella is 2 weeks old!  Where did these last two weeks go?  It seems just yesterday I was eagerly anticipating her birth and now not only is she here, but there are two weeks gone that I will never get back.  Alright, I'm done being sentimental. 
These last two weeks have been crazy.  Ella came home and all I've wanted to do is love on her.  She now weighs 6lbs 9oz so she has regained her birth weight and just a bit more.  I'm really glad she isn't growing any faster.  It seems as if time is already flying by faster than I want it too.  The Lord threw us a curve ball. When Ella was 5 days old Josh got a call about a job in Arizona.  The next day he had his first interview, then the day after his second and the very next day was offered the job.  This is not the way that Verizon usually works so it's a good thing for his career.  We are moving in just 3 weeks.  It feels like I haven't had anytime to prepare physically or emotionally for this move as he didn't apply and go through the usually long process before getting the job and it has left me unprepared.  I know this is the right move for us, so I'm taking it on faith that everything will work out.  Even though I want to know everything right this moment, I know that I have to have a more faith and have put it in HIS hands.  I don't know what I would do without having the Lord to rely on through this.  I'd probably go crazy!
OK, enough about that, lets get back to my cute baby :)  She is just so darn good!  I know that the first two weeks are some of the easiest, at least for my kids, it's before colic hits, they sleep all the time and just get cuter everyday, but boy she has been a good baby!  She is a great eater, sleeps for a minimum of 3 hours between each night nursing, one night she did over 5, she is just so easy.  Alright, enough talking, enjoy the picture :) 

1 comment:

  1. I remember being so sad when Aidan turned 2 weeks old. They grow so much! Luckily he just got cuter ;)

    Sorry you can't sit around and enjoy that baby the entire time but worry about moving. I can't believe how fast it all is. I wish I was in a position to help you out...

    But since I'm not here are some return hugs :)

    ReplyDelete