Friday, May 18, 2012

My house is quiet, all 3 girls are asleep and Josh ran to the store for more diapers leaving me alone with my thoughts.  I really need to go to sleep, but all I want to do is talk to my Mom.  Tonight when Kira was going to bed she asked me not to sing her a bedtime song, usually I sing 'When Fairies Float' which my Mom wrote and used to sing to me when I would go to bed.  Instead of me singing it to her she wanted to listen to the CD we have where Mom is singing it.  I listened as her voice filled the room and am so grateful for her.  I know that one day I will be able to talk to her, but right now it's just hard.  I want her there as a sounding board, I want to share my day with her, but mostly I just want to hear her voice.  You would think since it's almost been 2 years I would be used to not talking to her, yet the ache is still there.  I can't wait for the day when I can hug my Mom and just listen to her talk.  I miss you Mom!  Til we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment