Sunday, May 6, 2012

Wednesday I went to the Dr for my 38 week checkup. She stripped my membranes and almost immediately I was having contractions. They were mildish all day and then at about 7pm they started to get closer and more painful. By 11 we were on our way to the hospital. Of course labor moved slowly, it just does for me and we got no sleep that night. Thursday morning at 9:30 the Dr broke my water (I was dilated to a 4) and I finally got an epidural! I was able to get about an hour of sleep before my epidural started to wear off. Thankfully my labor progressed very quickly from that point on and even though I felt everything, (Kind of makes me proud that I was able to give birth even though women have been doing it for millions of year!) I was able to get through the pain and Ariella Cheyenne was born at 11:10am. Kira and Rora arrived just a few minutes before the birth and were able to be there for her debut. Rora's eyes lit up the moment she saw her sister. You could just feel the connection and the love emanating from her. Magical! I of course, was an emotional mess. I started crying when it was time to push just at the thought that she would be in my arms soon and still haven't stopped! There is just something so organically powerful in the spirit that is felt during childbirth. Even Dr Maples was tearing up! Ella is such a great baby. It took her 6 hours before she was ready nurse, but once she did she latched wonderfully and has been a natural. The girls love her and love to love on her. It's great, except that Kira has a cold so were having to be extra careful. Please pray that Ella doesn't get it. Life is wonderful and we are all loving how perfectly Ella fits into our family. It is so amazing how each child brings such a special spirit right from the start. I know she was meant to come to our family now and can't believe how blessed I am to be her Mother! Happy Birthday Ariella!!
The girls waiting for Ella's debut.  Nothing like marshmallow art to keep you entertained!
Rora's first look at her sister.  Ignore the red faced Momma...crying + delivery left me that way...
Thank you soo much Jenny for letting my girls have a sleepover and then bringing them to the hospital in time for Ella's birth!  You're wonderful!
Ariella Cheyenne
May 3rd, 2012
6 pounds, 6 ounces
19 inches long
Daddy's first time holding Ella
Kira loving on her sister!
Rora couldn't wait for her turn to hold her!
Me and my THREE girls!
LOVE!
Poor Daddy was exhausted after labor!
Proud big sisters!
They still can't take their eyes off of her!
Heaven!
Thank you Dr Maples for safely delivering my Angel!
Obviously you can tell how perfect she is, but just in case you missed it, Ariella is PERFECT and I am in Heaven!!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Charsty, she is SO SO sweet! Absolutely perfect. What a doll. So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is perfect!! Congratulations, I'm so glad your labor went well and Ella got here safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! So excited she is here and happy for your family! She is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's absolutely gorgeous. Congrats. We're so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I love that last picture. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete