Friday, May 25, 2012

Playdates and Pictures

   This past week we have been so busy! Playdate after playdate after playdate. The girls have had a blast with all their friends. Ella has been great through it all. Since she is so little all our playdates have been scheduled for outside so there aren’t as many germs. The only downside to that is that they are outside and she is so little. But she’s been a real trouper and hasn’t overheated.

    I really hate that these first weeks always go so fast. Ella is already losing the newborn pose. She isn’t as scrunched and is awake so much more during the day. She also takes a paci now. I usually don’t give my babies one until after the first month, but I really don’t want to end up with her not taking one. She has been much pickier than the other girls and I was on the third style before she would take it. I am SOO glad she takes one! I can’t imagine our drive to Arizona without a pacifier! I love watching her grow, but it’s so sad at the same time. I am so grateful that she isn’t my last, I just can’t imagine never enjoying the first days again.

   Kira is loving all the friend time and is helping around the house so we have time to be gone most of the day. She is also great at holding Ella when I need help. A couple days ago I was going through the pantry and Ella started fussing (She was asleep in her boppy). After a few moments it stopped. I came out to see and Kira was holding her bouncing around and looked completely natural. I love it! She is old enough to really enjoy having a baby in the house and the mothering roll fits her like a glove.

   Rora is just like her mother, and I’m not sure that that’s a good thing. She is so strong willed and tests me daily. But she makes up for it by being adorable to her sisters, singing me songs and randomly giving me snuggles. Today when she woke up from her nap she immediately said, “I’m ready to go! (no response from me) I’m ready to go!” To which I said, “Go where?” Rora: “I don’t know, (short pause for thinking) you always know where we go!” HAHA! She is such a hoot!

   This week my friend Jenny also took family pictures for us. They turned out so fantastic! I can’t wait until we get to our new place so I can change out all the pictures in the frames and get my walls done. Something about seeing the cutest three girls on my walls gives me the smiles!

  Well, I know it’s only 8:30, but the girls are all asleep and we are heading out really early so I’m off to bed.













1 comment:

  1. The pictures turned out SO ADORABLE! I love your little family.

    ReplyDelete