Monday, July 30, 2012

Akira

    I harbor a lot of guilt from my pregnancy with Ella.  I was so sick and Kira had to take on a lot more responsibilities than any 5 year old should.  Am I a good parent?  Am I forcing her to grow up to quickly?  Am I allowing her to be a normal 5 year old girl?  I don't know the answers to these questions, but I do know how proud I am of her.  This summer she has matured like crazy! 
    Saturday while I was working out Ella started to fuss.  Without being asked Kira came in and got her.  She took her into her room so she could watch Kira and Rora play. (She asked first.) During one of the rest periods I went to check on the girls. Ella was laying on Kira's bed with a huge grin on her face watching the girls dance around and entertain her.  Talk about a Mommy moment!  She is such an amazing big sister!
    Kira's current favorite thing to do is put on fashion shows.  Where both she and Rora place different hair bows in their hair, turn on music and dance around.  It's so fun to watch Rora mimic the moves that Kira does.  She is an amazing role model!
    Today Kira finished her first chapter book.  Reading is part of my core and I am more proud of this accomplishment than of anything else she has done.  A little over a year ago she had just finished preschool and told me that she couldn't read.  She wouldn't even try.  Now she is able to read with confidence and enjoyment.  To see her confidence grow and she sees what she can do is worth every negative moment ten times over. 
    I sure love her!  Now to just get her enrolled in ballet classes for this year so I'm not the Mom who forgot!

No comments:

Post a Comment