Saturday, July 14, 2012

When Thrift Meets Crazy :)

I would consider myself extremely thrifty.  I shop sales, I reuse sour cream containers, I buy used and I fix things rather than throwing them away.  Being thrifty wasn't something I learned, it was just the way my life was when I was growing up. 
I never thought my Mom was thrifty, I KNEW she was crazy!  I rolled my eyes at least once a day when I saw her washing out freezer bags to reuse.  I swore I would never reuse freezer bags!  And here I am years later and I can't believe it, but I've topped her.  Not only do I reuse my freezer bags, but I use cloth diapers (OK, she used them for 5 of 7 kids), and I am to cheap, I mean thrifty, to buy paper towels. 
Yep, I've topped my Mom and am crazy, but seriously, it's saves so much money to wash out freezer bags and to wash a hand towel rather than buy new paper towels.  I am embracing being crazy!  And something tells me that when my girls are teenagers that they will roll their eyes every time I wash out a bag!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing something wrong if your teenagers don't roll their eyes at you on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only one to wash out freezer bags :)

    ReplyDelete