Sunday, January 23, 2011

Aurora's journey to joining our family...

Last month Aurora turned 1! I can't believe she is already a year old. Where did the time go? It seems as if ive known her forever and yet I still feel the ache I felt for the years we were trying for her.
A little over 4 years ago my sweet princess Akira was born. Within months of having her I felt the longing for Aurora. Her spirit is so strong and I knew that she was ment to be in our family. When Kira was 8 months old we 'officially' started trying to get pregnant. I thought for sure that my kids would be no more than 2 years apart. Of course not. I had to stretch myself to the Lord's timing and rely on him. There were so many nights when I cried myself to sleep. I could feel her so close and yet it felt as if my body was failing both myself and the Lord because I couldn't bring her here.
We decided to try fertility medication and I was put on clomid. The reaction was crazy. My mood swings were so intense. As each cycle ended I went into a mini depression, feeling as if somehow I had failed. We were trying one last time. We had an adoption agency chosen to go through and were giving it one final try. That's the month I was blessed with Aurora in my womb. I found out 3 days before mothers day that I was pregnant. Looking back, I am still filled with such gratitude that I was able to concieve and carry her. Sometimes you never know how grateful you are for things until you don't have them.
Because of that, my outlook on pregnancy changed. Yes, I was SICK! Yes, I had pains, Yet everytime I threw up I praised God that I had a healthy baby growing inside me. Nothing I went through was worse than knowing that she was waiting to join our family and being unable to make that happen.
December 29, 2009 I was able to hold her in my arms and look into her eyes and know that she was mine. That everything I had been through the last 3 years had led up to this moment. I had known her before I was able to concieve and knew the minute I saw her that she had been as anxious as I was to join our family.
Every moment with her is extra special because of the trial of getting her. Every sleepless night I praise the Lord. I couldn't have it any other way.
Aurora Laurel has made me a better Mom, a better person and most importantly, a more grateful daughter of God.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. It comforts me a lot to know that I'm not the only one who wants a baby that badly. Infertility is really hard, and I am SO GLAD you got to have Aurora. What a wonderful blessing she is.

    ReplyDelete