Thursday, January 6, 2011

Vacation fun part 1...oh well if im updating you on last year's trip ;)

Christmas this year was HARD! Josh stayed in Alabama while the girls and I headed to Utah. Our trip started as most do in the airport. Since last time we flew Kira ended up with pink eye and had to stay away from all the fun...and Makenzie (who had a heart transplant and has to be extra careful) her favorite person in Utah, (No offense Grandpa!) the girls wore masks while in the airport and on the plane. Both girls did great with keeping them on. We had a few funny looks, but nothing else - there was one girl who asked Kira why she was wearing a mask...Kira said that it so she could keep Kenzie healthy - anyways, even the baby did great at keeping it on. I just tied her mask in back she had her plug underneath it. We pulled it down to eat and nurse, but other than that she wore it all 12 hours!

Both girls were great on our flights. I am so blessed to have such great children who are willing to go with the flow.
We arrived in Utah (after a delayed flight) at 2:00am! Here I was, Rora in the Mei Tei on my back, carrying Kira with one arm and wheeling our suitcase(stacked with Kira's backpack and my purse) off the plane. I still can't believe I did it! As we were just about out of the airport, Kira woke up and was awake/excited enough to run the rest of the way to Grandpa. She squealed when she saw him and jumped in his arms giving him a HUGE hug! I think this picture is my favorite out of all the one I took on our trip. Pure joy is all I can use to describe it :)

Our first day in Utah was spent playing in the snow, visiting Mom's grave and getting some 'real' food in Dad's house. :) So no pictures :(
After a great nights sleep, we headed out to Vernal to visit my Grandparents. It was a great drive and a great visit! Grandma is still the best cook I know and make a scrumptious lunch! Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Sonny also came for lunch which was great. Rora took to Sonny like she belonged in his arms and he in turn got down to her level to play. It was adorable! I also got to visit with Jessi and Aunt Barb, who gave me the sweetest gift ever! A treasure box that matches my Mom's. She gave me so much more then just a box...she gave me a lifetime of memories that I can pass on! Thanks Aunt Barb!!
Anyways, here's a couple pictures of our trip to Vernal. For spending just a few hours there we sure had a lot of fun!


Our third day started off with a trip to the photo studio with all the Babb/Wickert clan for a cousin photo session. All the kids (7 girls and 1 boy) looked great and we ended up with some cute shots! From there we headed over to a birthday party for Alex (a cousin on Daddy's side) Happy 1st Birthday Alex! (Picture is of Kira, Willow and Ellory while waiting for everyone else to arrive at the party.)

From there we headed over to Kenzie's (cousin on Mommy's side) 5th Birthday party! It was great to spend so much time with the families! As if our day wasn't full enough, that evening we made gingerbread houses!

Needless to say, we went to bed exhausted!!
Up next...Christmas Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment