Saturday, January 1, 2011

Our life in 2010

I saw this on a friends blog and had to do my own.

January 2010 brought to us a new normal and a visit from Grandma Wickert. Kira adapted to the roll of big sister as if she always was one. I just love this picture, Josh is 100% in love with his new baby and Kira, as ever, is posing for the camera.





February 2010 brought a trip to Utah so Grandma Madsen could see Aurora Laurel(yep, she was named after my Mommy.) Even Daddy got to go with us on this trip! He also was able to bless Rora while we were there.




March ushered in Spring! We were able to get out and enjoy the beauty that Heavenly Father created. We enjoyed trips to the Botanical Gardens, the park and even a day trip to Chicamauga, Ga.(Civil War battlefield)




With April came Easter and the reminder of our Saviors love for me. It also brought out my girly side. Kira had me try her hair a million ways and always, both she and Rora had to have their nails painted! I realise that I haven't put a picture of me up yet, so here is one of the girls and I just enjoying life. :)




May brought strawberry picking and lot of fun with friends! Rora started eating solids! We were strawberry picking and she was strapped to me. Next thing I knew she had half a strawberry gone! The pictures are of Kira and some friends at the gardens and Rora enjoying her 2nd, or maybe 3rd strawberry :)(Yes, I have strawberry in my teeth...they were delicious!)




With June came swimming lessons! Kira had a blast and can't wait for lessons again next year! She also enjoyed an overnighter with Daddy. They slept over at Field Day for Daddy's ham radio club and she had a blast! Her friend Will went with his Dad and they played and played and played! Rora also had an eventful month. She started scooting and sitting up!




July was such a hard month! The girls and I were planning a roadtrip to Utah with my cousin Jessi. Two days before we were set to leave we got the phone call from my Dad. After 3+ years battling stage 4 ovarian cancer my Mom passed away. We loaded up the car that night and the next morning headed to Utah. My Mom gave me a wonderful life and an exceptional role model to emulate. She is in our thoughts and prayers daily. Even though we were so emotional, our drive out to Utah holds some of my best memories of 2010. It was exactly as Mom would want it to be. With us laughing, loving and singing into the baby puffs container! (I forgot my camera...so the pictures aren't mine.)




School started again in August. Kira back to preschool(she loves it!) and me back to babysitting. Life took on a new normal for us. It seems as if all I did was go here or there, do this or that. Very, very busy! Rora sure loves her food!




September brought more family time with a trip to Disney World. We all had a blast hanging out with Mickey and the gang. I love family time, so being able to reconnect in such a grand way is perfect for us!



In October Kira turned 4! She had her first real birthday party and chose a Princess and Knight theme. They all were knighted and slayed a dragon. She had a blast! Rora also had a big month, she started walking!! I can't believe how grown up she is!!




With November came the opening of the Angel Tree. Whenever we had a free moment we were busy helping the Salvation Army. The pictures are Kira putting the Angels on the tree and us enjoying seeing the Christmas lights at the Botanical Gardens.




December came and so did the joys of Christmas! We found lots of ways this year to give of ourselves as the Savior gave. We also trekked of to Utah for Christmas. (It was so hard leaving Josh since he had to work Christmas day!) Rora also turned 1! We has a small party in Utah for her and then just had cake with Daddy when we came home.



2010 was a great, yet hard year for us. And so, with Laughter and Love we look forward to what 2011 will bring! Happy New Year's everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment