Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kira's talk

Next Sunday Kira is giving the talk in primary. I told her the 'theme' (I know the scriptures are true) and asked her what she wanted to say. She told me and I wrote it down. I have to say, she did a pretty good job! Especially since she is only 4!

Joseph Smith read in the scriptures, “If any of ye lack wisdom, let him ask of God.” So he went out to the woods and he prayed and Heavenly Father and Jesus came down from Heaven and told Joseph Smith that he shouldn’t join any church. Later the Angel Moroni came to see him at night by his bed and told him about the Book of Mormon and where to find it. Joseph Smith had to wait 4 years until he could get the Golden Plates and then he translated them so we can all read them and now we have the Book of Mormon. And we can all read the scriptures. Joseph Smith is a good example to me. I want to be like him and find answers in the scriptures. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I know she will do great when she shares it next week. Great job Kira!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I am sometimes surprised by how much the little kids in primary actually know and understand. They are building the foundation that will get them through the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete