Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve was as busy as we got while in Utah. Our day started by hanging out with Monica & family. Kira, Kenzie and Braxton are such great friends!

From there we headed over to Aunt Lindsey's home for the Babb/Wickert family Christmas party. There was delicious ham, turkey, stuffing, potatoes, etc. I almost had to be rolled out! As always, Grandma & Grandpa Wickert spoiled the girls!


Since we were already down in Spanish Fork, we decided to stop and visit my Gpa & Gma Jones. It felt like 'coming home' as soon as I walked in the door. There is just something so magical about Gma's hugs. Rora cozied(sp?) up to Gpa and LOVED his cane. Gma got out her little rocking chair and both girls contentedly played for over an hour while I got to bask in my Gma's love. (Ok, so this pic is from Rora's birthday party, but I Love it :)

Even though it was getting late, since I was already down in Mapleton, I knew that I needed to go see Mom's grave. It was so peaceful and the perfect thing to do on Christmas Eve. Brought the spirit to the forefront of my mind and I left with such a sense of peace.

After dinner and realizing that my Dad wasn't going to get a stocking together for Shontel, Kira and I decided to be Santa's helpers and headed to the store. Little did we know, that Walmart closed at 8pm! ACK! We didn't get any of our grocery shopping done, but did manage to get all thing stuffers for Shontels stocking. Needless to say, since most of our groceries were for Rora's birthday party, her cake had homemade frosted animal cookies...at least its a memory ;)
Kira was so sweet about helping Shontel have a Christmas. I definitely don't have any regret from telling her Santa is 'just pretend.' Fun, but just pretend. :)

1 comment: