Wednesday, February 20, 2013

9.5 months already!?!

ACK!  Where did the time go?  Without my permission Ariella has decided to grow up.  Of course, Mommy is still her favorite person so I can't complain to much. :)

She is TALKING!  She says mama, wub, wawa, and da.  She combines the words and using her eyes and facial expressions is able to get across exactly how she feels.  My favorite is 'Wub OO' said in response to Love you and combined with a kiss.  It completely melts my heart. 

Ella is the most contented child I have had.  She won't roll or try to crawl off the couch if I leave her there, she only will go for a toy out of her reach if she doesn't notice me or anyone else.  She crawled for the first time at Rora's music class.  They were listening to a story and she crawled 3 steps to play with Kira's hair.  I pulled her back after a few minutes to try and see her do it again and no chance in he!! that she would!  She flopped down on her belly and wouldn't try.  Since then I've only seen her crawl when she doesn't know I'm watching.  As soon as she notices me she pleads with her eyes and voice for me to help.  I try not to, but she knows how to pull at my heart. 

Ella is extremely intelligent.  She signs more whenever she wants anything and then claps and gets the biggest grin.  She loves to be read to and will sit next to anyone with a book.  Rora is an especially grown-up big sister and loves to retell Ella all the stories.  Ella's favorite book is 5 Christmas Penguins which she got for Christmas.  She knows it's her book and squeals when it gets pulled out.

She gives the best kisses.  Starts with an open mouth and then closes it halfway on your cheek depositing a smear of slobber.  So adorable, especially when its accompanied by a 'wub oo'.  SWOON! 

Ella smiles at everyone, as long as they keep their distance. 

She loves being amidst life and hates to be on the sidelines.  She is great in Nursery with me, just watching all the kids and smiling. 

She still is attached to my side 100% and that's OK with me.  I know that all to soon she will be running around and completely done with the cuddles.  She still nurses about every 2 - 2 1/2 hours during the day and since she is teething I'm lucky to get 2 hours at night.  Part of me wants to whine about how exhausted I am all the time, but the larger part is just so happy that I get to be her Mom that I feel horrible when I complain.  This to shall pass is a great reminder that the time of no sleep is short lived, of course that also means that all the extra snuggles that come with this age will be short lived too so I am trying to capture as many as possible.

Ella is an amazing child and I love watching her personality shine through.  It's so fun watching how she fits so perfectly into our family, I can't imagine life without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment