Thursday, February 14, 2013

Oh Aurora!

Today feels like a good day to do an Aurora update.  Probably because she has tested me far beyond what I can handle...an that was all by 11am! 

Rora is my wild child.  She is extremely intelligent and determined.  She knows what she wants and refuses to stop until she gets it.  I know when she gets older this will be a major help but at 3 it is sooo hard! 

She throws more tantrums in a day than Kira did in a month at this age.  Everything is a major issue and she deems every situation worthy of flailing and screaming. 

She has fantastic motor skills.  She traced and cut out hearts for valentines day and you can tell they are hearts!  It's amazing!! 

She threw up today.  It wasn't fun.  No, she isn't sick, I just quit.  I decided that since today is valentines day I wouldn't have the treats argument.  I have NEVER let her just eat however much candy she would like, but rather than argue with her I let her today.  She received a box of (6) chocolates from Daddy and a rice crispy heart from me for Valentines.  By 4pm she had eaten all but a small corner of her crispy treat.  Needless to say she threw up whilst at Gma & Gpa's house.  When we came home she immediately threw another fit because I wouldn't let her finish her treat. *shaking my head*  ONLY this girl!!

She loves to be involved.  No matter what I or anyone else is doing she has to be right there.  Whenever I cook she pulls the stool up to the counter and chatters so fast she forgets to breath.  I love having her 'help' me!

Whenever she gets excited she stutters.  A lot.  Her mind just moves faster than her mouth can. 

She only stops moving if you are reading stories to her.  She LOVES to read stories and will bring you half a shelf of stories at a time. 

Bedtime used to be an issue, we switched her from the playpen to the bed with Kira (it's a double) because there just isn't any room in their room.  She thought it was playtime at bedtime.  Thankfully she will snuggle down and go to sleep if she listens to Scripture Scouts when she is in bed.  The girls get to listen to Scripture Scouts IF they go to bed 20 minutes earlier than their bedtime.  Oh how this has saved me!  Now they rush to get jammies on, teeth brushed and cuddle up with their toys!

Rora has started saying her prayers without any help.  It's so sweet.  Last night her bedtime prayer was, "I'm thankful that tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we get to eat treats."  So adorable!

She loves the work 'Freaking'
          "These vegetables are freaking me out."
          "My bum is making a freaking noise."
          "Stop!  Or I'm going to freak out!"
Yeah...

Whenever she can go and do anything she is happy.  She goes to Music Makers and Dance on Mondays, Story time at the library on Tuesdays, Homeschool PE on Wednesdays and I teach preschool at my house on Thursdays.  She loves that at these activities she has 'her friends' that are different than Kira's friends. 

Charlotte is her favorite person.  I find this rather amusing since she hasn't seen Charlotte for 7+ months, but every letter and card she receives is from 'my best friend!' 

She is attached to Daddy and loves to go on dates. 



Rora is spunky, outgoing, spontaneous, determined, frustrating, hilarious and annoying all in a 10 minute period and I wouldn't change her for the world!

1 comment:

  1. She is so adorable. I love Rora :) The cutest ones are usually the highest maintenance though, so kudos to you Char and good luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete