Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Will you be my Valentine?

Valentines Day is almost upon us and since Ella won't sleep I thought I'd take the time to write down a bit about my Valentine, in question form of course, it's just easier. :)

When did you first meet?     Josh and I first met at ballroom dance camp in high school.  He drove me NUTS because he kept following me around and wanting to partner.  He was covered from head to toe in sunburns and was a truly HORRIBLE dancer.  It turns out he wanted to be my partner because I was gentle to his burned skin.  It turned out that we had the same friends and were on the same team (it was an area wide camp) and the rest is history.

How long have you been married?  7+ years

What is your favorite thing to do together?   We are both Disney fanatics and love our trips there...of course, since that isn't feasible very often we also really love camping and just being together.

What is your favorite quality?  Josh is amazing.  He isn't satisfied with where he is and is continually striving to better his faults.  He makes me want to be better.

What is one specific thing that he does to keep God at the center of the family?  As most everyone knows, we haven't always been religious.  We didn't get married in the temple (A sacred place to perform a marriage that lasts through eternity.) We didn't want anything to do with God when we got married.  Neither of us was in a place to let him in.  Now that both our hearts have been softened (Children are amazing at bringing this life back into perspective!) he keeps us on track with family prayer and scripture study.  I love watching him respecting the Priesthood power that he holds. 

In what way are they selfless?  When Akira was a baby my Mom was diagnosed with cancer.  We knew it would be a long road ahead.  Within weeks of her diagnosis Josh wanted us to move to a more expensive apartment that was farther from his work because it was closer to my Mom.  We then moved to Alabama and Josh was so selfless with both time and money allowing Akira and I (and later Rora) to fly back and forth to Utah so I could spend more time with my Mom.  That first year I was in Utah almost 3 months!!  I treasure the memories I have of those months helping Mom and am so grateful I have a husband that knew how much I needed that.  Even to the point of sending his 3 week old baby away just so that she could have a chance to meet her Grandma. 

Yep, Josh is amazing and I am still so in love with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment