Saturday, February 23, 2013

Nursing, pregnancy and dance moms!?!

This post is a little random and scattered but it's what's been on my mind.

Rora: is mommy pregnant?
Kira: no. Mommy can't get pregnant because she is nursing Ella and it's hard work to nurse and be pregnant. So her body won't do both. Okay?

Kira is just so grown up it's scary!  But she is right.  I love watching my girls interact.  I can talk to Rora up and down but when Kira explains something she seems to understand it easier.  It's amazing how smart Kira is!

I am so blessed to be able to nurse my babies as long as I do.  Ella started to get sick Tuesday night.  By Wednesday morning she was so sick.  Thanks to breast milk and DoTerra oils by Friday morning she was down to a nose wipe once every hour or so and an occasional cough.  Breast milk is so amazing!

Pregnancy has been on my mind a lot lately.  2 of my sisters are pregnant.  Both of who have babies right at Ella's age.  Of course I want another baby, whenever the Lord will grant me stewardship over another child, but it most likely won't happen for a while.  My body takes longer between pregnancies.  That doesn't stop the longing.  Because of the pregnancy talk on the phone it has taken me back to my pregnancies.  This last pregnancy gave me so much.  The support network around me was just amazing.  I have been so blessed by all the people that have come into my life.   It's been 8 months since we moved from Alabama and I can't imagine my life without the friendships and sisters I met there. 

The truly believe that the Lord guided me to the friends I made in Alabama.  He knows who strengthens me, makes me laugh, raises my spirits and teaches me.  I know that I will never meet another as diverse a group of women with children all the same ages  who are as fantastic. 

Which brings me to my last point.  Dance Mom.  I really enjoy being a dance mom.  Kira and Rora both take classes so I'm at the studio 3 times a week (2 days for Kira and 1 for Rora.)  I enjoy it so much.  The conversation is much needed for me and Kira is making some great friends!  Finding DSPA dance studio has been one of the greatest blessings since moving to Arizona.  It is just amazing how the Lord knows what I need and places me where I need to be.  And if being a dance mom is what brings me joy, then bring it on!
My girlies and I on Valentines Day :)

1 comment: