Thursday, February 7, 2013

It's February already!?!

A lot has happened since I last posted so I'll try to keep it brief.

    We went to Utah just after Thanksgiving, it was so much fun and way to short!  One day we went out to Vernal to visit my Dad's parents.  It was great to introduce them to Ella.  Threw a baby shower for my brothers wife, my family is so talented!  Almost every gift had some homemade aspect.  It was amazing!  2 days were spent at Festival of Trees.  The festival is the embodiment of Christmas for me.  Everyone is a volunteer, all the $ raised benefits the children's hospital, the trees are beautiful, the goodies delicious and the atmosphere perfect.  We also managed to fit in a family dinner and my Dad got a live Christmas tree that the girls helped decorate.  It was a jam packed 6 days, every second was great!   The girls also did good with the car ride, and not to toot my own horn, but *toot*toot* mommy is becoming a pro at driving alone with 3 girls!!
 
    Kira danced in The Sugar Plum Tea, a shortened version of The Nutcracker.  She had a blast and can't wait until next year!

    I lost all my pictures from the last 6 months. *tear*   The hard drive on my computer crashed and Josh hadn't backed the pictures up, even though he *said* he did...I am still having a hard time swallowing it.

  Christmas was wonderful.  It was low key, the girls loved the homemade nightgowns I made them and we enjoyed Jesus' birthday.

   Rora turned 3!!  How can that be!?!  She really wanted a birthday party, and that was ALL she wanted so we planned it for the end of January (yes, it was a month after her birthday, she didn't care.)  She had a green party, we had a green bag toss, decorated reusable water bottles, and ate green birthday cake. (That was dye free!!)  Rora had a blast and that's all that matters.

   My Dad came out to visit.  He came for Rora's party and stayed another 4 days.  It was so nice to have him here.  Unfortunately Kira got sick while he was here and passed it on.  Sorry Dad!

  Girls are still homeschooling and I enjoy it more each week.  We are crazy busy with outings everyday (minus Thursday where I teach preschool out of my house.) and life is just flying by! 

  Kira is keeping busy practicing her dancing.  We are heading to Disneyland in 5 weeks and everyone is excited.  Kira is performing 3 dances there and is the hardest working 6 year old I know.  I am so proud of her!

  Ella is still the sweetest baby.  She is completely laid back and has no desire to talk, crawl, or do anything away from Mom.  She has a myriad of whines from sweet to mad to convey her feelings and as long as Mommy is within eye sight she is happy. 

  Wow, that's a very brief summary!  I hope you are doing just as wonderfully as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment