Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fantastic Father!

On FRIDAY we skipped ahead in the alphabet to F. I thought it was FITTING ;) seeing as today is FATHERS day. We started off the week by telling Kira what was going to happen on FRIDAY and then telling Josh that we had a surprise for him and that he needed to cancel any plans. Kira was great all week and didn't tell Josh. She kept telling him that she had a secret and when he would guess, no matter how far off, she would say, "I don't know what you're talking about...We don't have a secret!" It was so FUN!
Friday FINALLY rolled around and we started the day by letting Josh sleep in. When he woke up, he was given a gift of Swedish FISH and FRUIT snacks. Kira FED him FISH and we gave him a FOOT rub while he watched Star Trek: The FINAL FRONTIER. We had FRIED FISH for lunch and after quiet time Josh took Kira out for a FOUNTAIN drink. He then took her to his radio meeting and on the way home got her a FROSTY. She loved it! It was a great day for a great FATHER.

Since it is Fathers Day, I need to take a few moments to gush on the wonderful father of my girls. The Lord truly was guiding me and blessed me when I fell for Josh. As a husband, he has taken every stereotypical man and blew him out of the water. He is the first to apologize if we get into an argument, realizing that arguing isn't helping the situation and doing what needs to be done to rectify it. He is continually thanking me for what I get accomplished throughout my day. Whether it is doing the dishes, folding the laundry, making dinner, or just keeping the girls happy. He makes me feel like a million bucks!
As a dad, he is even more spectacular. Having only girls he doesn't mind playing barbies or princess' or just snuggling. He takes the time to teach them about computers, space, and just how to be a good person. Because of him, Kira now says thank you when I do just about anything. Including thanking the Lord during her prayers for 'Mom washing the dishes, diapers, etc.'
He tells her how beautiful she is every morning before he leaves for work and she can't wait to show daddy when she has finished with her hair. Especially on Sundays, when she gets to wear lipstick(shhhhh...'lipstick is our secret;)' and have sparkles in her hair. She bounces out of the bathroom to Josh and he takes the time to have her twirl for him and comments on her beauty. It always brings a smile to my face.
How many other men do you know that will pack the diaperbag every Sunday morning without being asked? He even did it on FATHERS DAY while I was doing Kira's hair! He gets the girls breakfast while I go to the gym and most days when I come home Kira is dressed, has eaten and is ready to go. Plus Rora has had multiple diaper changes! Its so nice to know that they are being cared for by such a great man while I am gone!
You complete me and I am so greatful to have you at the head of our family. I love you!
HAPPY FATHERS DAY JOSH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment