Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Now...or later?

As the excitement for our upcoming trip to Disney World mounts, we have stopped some of our excess spending to save for souvenirs. That means no more treats when we are on our way home and pass McDonalds(those $.99 sundaes are SOOOO yummy!) Anyways, as we were passing said McD's the other day Kira asked if we could eat dinner there. I asked her which she wanted more, dinner at McDonald's now, or a week long trip to Disney World later. She thought about it for a minute and decided that we could get McDonalds after our trip. It made me so proud! She is learning and understanding that by giving up something small now she can have something better later. She is such a great girl!
Later that evening as I was recounting the story to Josh she came over and tried to negotiate :D She was trying to get McDonalds on our way to Disney! Proving just how smart she is....it just makes me wonder how many more years I can get away with saying 'maybe' and that being the end of the subject! One of these days she is going to call me out on it and realize that it usually means no. At least that day is later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment