Friday, June 11, 2010

Worlds Greatest Grandma!

Yesterday we got home and Kira saw a package sitting by our door. She ran to it screaming, "Great Grandma sent me some books! I love my great Grandma!" When we brought the package inside, it was indeed a package from my Gma Jones. Once again, Gma made me smile when I was feeling out of touch with my family. She knows just the things to do to make me feel like I am her only grandchild and I know that somehow being the super-Gma that she is, she manages to do this for all of her 50+ grandchildren...not to mention great grandchildren!!

As we opened the package from Gma, there were indeed books. She finds great old books that teach values at the thrift store then she remembers which books she has sent and sends new ones! Super - Gma! She is also keeping up with the girls - her GREAT grandchildren. There were clothes that are the right for this summer and next summer for both girls. She once again amazes me!

If you look at my fridge, you can't help but smile. I have homemade magnets with quotes that Gma has sent. There are notes that she has taped to books, stuffed toys and clothing to help explain the item. I love these. One that always brings that smile is a note that was taped to a polar bear for Kira. Knowing that I love penguins, Gma wrote, "not a penguin, but still cute, right?" How many people can say that their Gma spends the time finding things that are perfect for you. Then almost monthly, she has gathered enough things and sends a package. For no reason other than to remind me of her love. She truly is an amazing woman.

When I was going through a tough challenge, without me telling her about my problem, she had written me a 12 page letter going into detail about when she had a similar challenge. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me feel like she was going through it with me. It was a beacon of hope in the midst of the storm. And I can think about multiple other events in my life where she has been the one I turned to.

I love my Gma. She is truly the worlds Greatest Gma!

No comments:

Post a Comment