Saturday, June 5, 2010

Turning around a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!!

I didn't know that I would reach my breaking point by 10:30 this morning when I woke up, in fact, I was quite happy. Even though Rora woke up at 6, yes, 6am! I was able to pass her off to Josh when he got up around 7 and stay asleep until 9. However, once I woke up it went from bad to worse. Rora should have been her happy morning self, hahaha! The last few days she has been overly clingy, to the point that I can't even clean the counter. Anyways, as I was starting to clean the kitchen, I discovered that in Kira's hidey hole in the kitchen she was making a deposit of boogers. DISCUSTING!!! After dealing with the mess from that, cleaning the kitchen, Rora's crying and Kira's fit I needed a time out! It was one of THOSE days, all before 10:30am!

I needed a timeout! After I had had a few minutes to let the morning roll off, I decided that we needed a day in bed. We grabbed some books and snuggled down in the bed to read and relax together. It was the perfect solution to a bad morning.

250+ pages of story books, one pint of ice cream and a nap for EVERYONE = a great afternoon. It's great to be able to step back from a bad morning and turn it into a fun day. There is just something about snuggling in bed that is automatically relaxing. Add to it Dr. Seuss and chocolate ice cream and its impossible not to be happy! I love lazy days!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your day got better. My boys love books, but they would definately not sit still for that many... It sounds like a fun afternoon to me though :) Thanks so much for dinner last night! (Oh and you can tell Josh the cookies were good too:)

    ReplyDelete