Monday, March 19, 2012

Just an update...

It's been a couple weeks since I've posted so I figured that I probably should do a post. Our last couple weeks have been busy without being busy. We've spent a lot of time outside soaking up the sun. I'm loving having the weather in the 80's now, but it sure is making me dread this summer!
We've gotten our garden planted. This year we have added a square foot garden just for our tomatoes. I am excited for the 16 tomato plants to ripen. The yield should be amazing and hopefully will last us through the winter.
















Kira is loving reading and on top of the story she has to read each day she reads for 30+ minutes to Rora. It's so sweet. She is also loving her math. I got her a first grade math book and she is flying through it. I'm not sure which impresses me most, her doing the math or her reading and comprehending the directions on her own. Kira has also become obsessed with calories and bad versus good sugars. This morning I had my glucose tolerance test and had to eat a candy bar and drink a soda. I overheard Kira explaining to Rora how "Mommy is eating bad sugar to see if her body will get rid of it. It's ok to eat bad sugar every once in a while, but not all the time because our body can't process it." She is such a smarty pants! I'm not sure where she got the calories thing since I don't and have never counted calories, I'm guessing it was mentioned in passing during a phone call and she picked up on it. I'm hopeful that she will get past asking about calories and focus just on health factor soon.
Rora has gone almost 2 weeks without an accident so I can officially say she is potty trained. WOOHOO! I don't even have to remind her to go anymore. It's wonderful! She is loving puzzles and is quite adept at completing them. I don't recall Kira's motor skills to be quite as defined at this age. She is just starting to recognize shapes and can draw a pretty good circle. I'm sure it helps that she likes to do her schoolwork whenever Kira is. A few days ago I was heating up leftover sloppy joe's for lunch. I placed the amount that I wanted to warm in one bowl and Rora got really upset. "What about sissy? Where's her bowl?" I explained to her that I was just warming it and then I would put it in a bun and that both girls would each have one. Her eyes flew open and she got really nervous as she exclaimed, "NOT IN MY BUM!" HAHA! I'm still cracking up at it. It took her seeing me place the the food in the bun and putting the plates on the table before she understood. Silly girl!
As for me, I had a Dr. appt this morning. My belly is measuring at 27 weeks with a growth of 3cm's in the last 3 weeks so everything is looking good. I always measure small (I'm almost 32 weeks now.) I now weigh 136, having lost one pound in the last 3 weeks. I'm sure the weight loss is due to the fact that I have cut out most sugars and have been eating really healthy. I have my last ultrasound in two weeks and am so excited! I just love being able to see the baby. It's the best thing about being pregnant. I just can't wait until Ella arrives!




















Josh is still going to school, working, being super dad and has started exercising. (woohoo!) He is incredibly busy and I cherish the days that we get just to be together. Right now he and the girls are off on a Daddy-Daughter date. Fishing! They just love spending time with Daddy and I love that he makes his kiddo's a priority. He is amazing!


Kira showing me how delicious her smoothie is.












Rora LOVING her smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment