Friday, March 30, 2012

My 72 hour kit







So my 72 hour kit has mostly what Kira's has, with a few of Ella's things in as well.
Food:
1 2 liter bottle of water
2 16.9oz bottles of water (Mine and Ella's)
assorted crystal light flavoring packets
1 sterno cooking fuel
Breakfast:
2 cans fruit cocktail
1 can mandarin oranges (I would like to add a can of mandarin oranges for each person in our family but when I went to the store I couldn't find any with the pop tops.)
Lunch/snacks:
9 snack crackers (Ella's and Mine.)
4 applesauce squeeze tubes (2 for me and 2 for Ella.)
2 breadsticks with cheese (Again, one for me and one for Ella.)
2 granola bars
2 packages of peanuts
1 monster slim jim
2 packets fruit snacks
Dinner:
1 can corn
1 can green beans (Again, I would like to get a couple more cans of green beans but I could only find the corn when I went shopping this week.)
1 can spaghettio's
1 soup at hand (vegetable beef flavor)
1 top ramen
Time to go off on a bit of a tangent. I know that we have some food for Ella, but not everything. In a year I will need to get her the same amount of food as everyone else, until then breastmilk will be her main staple and even if I don't get as many calories as I need to, my body will put her first. This has been proven time and time again by women who were all but starving and yet they were still able to feed their child. I have prayed about this and know that is true for me. I would recommend praying about it and letting the Lord guide you on what is right for your infant.
Clothing:
underclothes for me (not pictured)
long sleeve shirt
sweatpants
long socks
1 receiving blanket (Obviously for Ella.)
5 diapers (Diapers are size 2. You can always make a larger diaper fit, but can't get a smaller one on a larger baby.)

Miscellaneous:
Book of Mormon
Container of mints
Toothbrush & toothpaste
chapstick
deodorant
comb & hair thing (I just added this tonight when I was thinking about it. I also added a comb and hair thing to each of the girls packs.)
Money - 1 $20 bill, 1 $10 bill, 2 $5 bills, 10 $1 bills and a roll of quarters (not pictured.)
poncho (I'm not sure why we don't have these in the girls packs but I will be getting one for each child and adding them.)
3 emergency candles
tissues
emergency blanket
large package of wipes
bandaids (with the antibacterial ointment already on them)
pocket knife
insect repellent
flashlight & batteries
hand sanitizer
disinfecting spray
sunscreen
matches
2 lighter's
soap
infants tylenol
pacifier

Not pictured:
Copy of my Patriarchal Blessing
Copy of insurance cards & drivers license
Contact information for family out of state (Including a list of family members who have a ham radio, their call signs and where they are located.)
Family picture


Congrats! You made it through another 72 hour post! Just one more to go and we're done. And yes, I saved the largest post for last. I am sure I am not being as clear as I could be so if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I can explain the why.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Charsty. You are inspiring me to look at ours. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete